Check out NCC NEWS... and be sure to subscribe!
“Nonspeaking” is intended to describe individuals who cannot speak, or who are minimally or unreliably speaking.
- To celebrate neurodiversity and respect individual differences;
- To recognize communication as a fundamental human right;
- To support the rights of nonspeaking individuals to meaningfully participate in all aspects of life;
- To respect individual communication choices;
- To recognize the importance of lifelong learning;
- To recognize that best practice in communication evolves through input from nonspeaking individuals, experience, and research; and
- To ensure nonspeaking individuals participate in the governance of the organization.